|Описание:||- A rigorous text aimed primarily at specialist Economics students and MBA students.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of introductory macroeconomics and microeconomics.
- Strong European and international coverage with a balance of UK, European, and international examples, using contemporary issues to enable students to relate theory to the real world and enhance their learning.
- Redesigned layout with expanded pedagogic features including highlighted definitions of economic terms, short revision questions and updated end of chapter questions with more challenging questions to test learning.
- A supporting and newly expanded Online Resource Centre includes an Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint slides, self-assessment questions, microeconomics in the news feature and additional case studies.
New to this edition
- New streamlined 27 chapter structure matches the needs of introductory economics modules more closely.
- New and updated case studies feature throughout, including topics like Bird Flu vaccine, cosmetics companies' collusion and David Beckham's transfer to LA Galaxy.
- Part Introductions added which link theoretical content to everyday issues.
- Learning Objectives and Key Concepts at the end of each chapter with page references to aid navigation will also help students to develop their understanding as they progress through the text.
- Revision questions integrated throughout the chapters to test learning.
- The End of Chapter questions have been updated and more challenging questions have been added, enabling students to test their understanding of each chapter.
- Themed boxed examples have been introduced to help the reader navigate through the text.
- All chapters now include two concluding chapter cases studies highlighting how the topics are applied in the real world.
- The Online Resource Centre has been expanded and will include: For lecturers; instructors manual, PowerPoint, artwork from the text, answers to text questions, class exercises, and a test bank. For students; self test multiple choice questions, crosswords, wed links, maths appendices, and past exam papers.
The eleventh edition of this successful textbook for Economics majors has been thoroughly updated and revised to give more depth to core principles. Pitched at a level that will stretch readers but still comprehensible for beginners, Economics is explained in a straightforward manner, whilst maintaining the rigour needed to enable students to progress with their studies. The book features a depth and breadth of topics combined with a balance of technical and applied material. In-depth explanations of theoretical concepts are balanced with a range of real world examples help students to understand and apply the concepts they have learnt.
A supporting and newly expanded Online Resource Centre features supplements for lecturers including an instructor's manual; PowerPoint slides; answers to questions in the text; class exercises; and artwork from the text. Supplements for students include self-assessment multiple choice questions with feedback; crosswords compiled from key glossary terms; a list of useful websites; maths appendices; past exam papers and additional case studies.|